Extract Of MWA’s Constitution
- Membership in the Association shall be open to persons or organisations whose duties and activities respectively are such as to cause them to be interested in the science and practice of water and wastewater engineering.
- Membership in the Association shall be of five grades: Honorary, Ordinary, Institutional, Associate and Student.
The requirements for admission shall be:
- Honorary Membership
A person distinguished in public life or by service to the Association
- Ordinary Membership
A person who possesses atertiary qualification or holds a position of responsibility in an organisation acceptable to the Council for ordinary membership, and who is involved in the water supply or wastewater industry.
- Institutional Membership
A legally constituted professional institution, association, firm, company, organisation or any other similar body whose activities include or concern the water supply or wastewater industry.
- Associate Membership
A person who is keenly interested in the water supply or wastewater industry but not eligible for election to other classes of membership.
- Student Membership
A person who is a student of a higher learning institution as defined by the relevant laws and interested in the water supply or wastewater industry
ENTRANCE FEES & ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTIONS
- The entrance fees and annual subscription shall be as follows:
Ordinary & Associate Members: RM 150.00
Institutional Members: RM 1,500.00
Student Members: Complimentary
Ordinary & Associate Members: RM 80.00
Institutional Members: RM 750.00
Student Members: RM 20.00
- The entrance fees and annual subscriptions in the First Schedule may be amended from time to time at a General Meeting of the Association.
- Any new member whose election as a member is approved on or after the 1st day of October of the year shall only be required to pay the entrance fee and half of the annual subscription for the year.