On August 6, 2017, the Government of Canada announced the Canada-ASEAN Scholarships and Educational Exchanges for Development (SEED) program to provide opportunities for students and mid-career professionals from ASEAN to conduct short-term study or research in Canadian post-secondary institutions in areas that contribute to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The Canada-ASEAN SEED program aims to reduce poverty in the developing countries of ASEAN and to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The mid-career component of the SEED program offers opportunities for professional development through short-term courses in Canada, aligned with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, that could include (but not limited to) the following priority sectors:
- Gender Based Analysis;
- Performance management/deliverology/results based management/performance audit;
- Financial management/comptrollership/project management;
- Financial technologies; and,
- Climate change adaptation/environmental sustainability/environmental impact assessment.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to identify the Canadian institution and the short-term course of their choice in their applications. DFATD will not provide any assistance to match potential candidates and Canadian institutions. Applications will be assessed on their respective merits regarding the criteria established below.
Information on Canadian institutions and the short-term programs they offer is widely available through EduCanada and other associations. EduCanada offers information on study and research institutions in Canada including a three step search tool for postsecondary programs, visa and study permit information and a study cost estimate.
The Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials maintains a directory of educational institutions in Canada that may also be consulted.
Eligible institutions include:
- Any registered Canadian post-secondary institution listed in one of the sites noted above;
- Not-for-profit organizations offering professional development programs; and
- Private specialized institutes offering professional development programs.
For more detail and information, please checkout their website: https://www.educanada.ca/scholarships-bourses/non_can/seed-asean.aspx?lang=eng