- Build a comprehensive awareness of the physical, chemical and biological characteristics of various water sources – rivers, lakes and ground.
- Learn ways to improve water quality through treatment and management of chemically and biologically polluted waters.
- Recognize role of water quality guidelines and legislation in water quality management.
- Examine some practical issues in water quality management from treatment to distribution and to consumer taps.
- Provide a practical hands-on laboratory testing of water quality and interpreting/analysing the results and steps to remedial and improvement