To promote synergy and enhance knowledge and good practice within the Malaysian water and wastewater industries to enable them to achieve their corporate goals and hence contributing effectively towards creating national competitiveness and success. We will focus and work on strategic issues and help outline direction and priorities in the industries.
Nationally we will work in close cooperation with all parties in the government and private sectors. We will network internationally by establishing and maintaining linkages with related organisations abroad. We believe in professionalism, teamwork, free exchange of information and learning. Our members are dedicated and are friends to the water and wastewater industries
Malaysian Water Association (MWA) was formed and registered in 1988 as a non-profit organisation. The objects of the Association shall be:
- To promote and advance the science and practice of engineering and management in the water supply and wastewater industries.
- To provide a forum for exchange of views among various sectors making up the water and wastewater industries, including water authorities, research bodies, consultants, manufacturers, suppliers and contractors.
- To gather and disseminate through publications and other appropriate means information on water supply and wastewater with prior approval of relevant authority.
- To provide advice and information on water supply and wastewater to public and private bodies as well as the public in general.
- To publicise new technologies and promote the use of appropriate technology in the water supply and wastewater industries.
- To promote and update standardisation in water supply and wastewater practices, and also in goods, equipment and fittings used in the water supply and the wastewater industries.
- To promote training, research and development in the science and practice of engineering and management in the water supply and wastewater industries.
- To cooperate, as may seem conducive to any of the above objects, with national and international organisations and to support and complement their activities.